Netgear extender EX3700 is the best networking device to enhance the existing WiFi speed. But, sometimes they create issue like other networking device. If you are also one of them who face this issue and due to this you are unable to access the mywifiext.net web page then worry not. In this article, we will discuss how to reset the extender to its default factory settings.
Methods to Reset Netgear Extender EX3700
The approach to reset the Netgear extender EX3700 is quite easy. Below is the process explaining how to execute the whole process.
- Using Reset button
- Using Web GUI
Extender EX3700 Reset via Reset Button
The very first way to reset the Netgear WiFi range extender EX3700 is by using the reset button. If you have no idea how to reset using this method then follow the hacks given below:
- First of all, disconnect all the devices from the extender EX3700.
- Thereafter, find the reset button on it.
- As soon as you find the button press or hold it.
Note: You can use any sharp pointed object including oil pin, a paper clip, or toothpick.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and release the button.
Congratulations! Now, your Netgear extender EX3700 reset successfully. But, sometime many users are not able to complete the process. If you are also one of them then worry not. Follow the section given below:
Extender EX3700 Extender Reset via Web GUI
The most basic way to reset the Netgear range extender EX3700 is by using the manual method. Walk through the steps given below to complete the reset process.
Connect Your Extender EX3700
First of all, grab an Ethernet cable and connect wireless devices. For this, connect one side to the extender and other to the host router. But, ensure that the Ethernet cable connection is secure or firm. Apart from this, if you find any cut on the cable then replace it immediately with a new one.
Open an Internet Browser
Second, switch on a computer or laptop and launch a web browser. You can pick any browser you most frequent use. But, confirm that whatsoever browser you choose is upgraded one. Beside this, make sure that all the trash files have been deleted. If you are not sure how to clear the browser cache then follow the steps given below:
- Initially, open Google Chrome and click on ellipsis icon on the top right corner.
- Next, choose More Tools> Clear Browsing Data option.
- Thereafter, set the Time range to All time and check the categories you want to delete.
- At last, Clear Data option and wait for a couple of seconds to complete the process.
Access Default Address
Third, move the cursor to the location bar and type the default web address. The default web address is for Windows is www.mywifiext.net. If you are Mac user then enter the www.mywifiext.local. Apart from this, you can also an IP address to access the login page.
Input Login Credentials
As soon as you press the Enter key, the Netgear extender EX3700 login window will come into view. Now, fill in the admin values in the specified fields. Be attentive while entering the username or password. On the off chance if you are not sure about the admin details then take the help of the user manual.
Reset Your Extender EX3700
Once you log in, the Netgear Genie setup wizard will appear. Now, click on the Settings and then Wireless Settings option. Thereafter, click on the Reset option. At last, Yes to proceed.
In this way, your Netgear extender EX3700 reset to its factory settings. Now, you need to configure the extender Ex3700 again. If you are not sure then follow the steps in the exact way to install the extender.
Netgear Extender EX3700 Setup via WPS Button
- The very first thing, plug the Netgear range extender EX3700 into well-working wall.
- Switch on the power LED button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds till the LED light gets stabilized.
- Next, look for the WPS button on the EX3700 extender.
- Once you find it, press the WPS button.
- Do the same thing on the home router i.e. press the WPS button.
- Hold on for a little while until both devices are connected.
In this manner, your Netgear EX3700 setup complete in a hassle-free way.
In the End
With that! We end our guide on how to reset Netgear extender EX3700 to its factory default settings. We believe that with the help of the above-mentioned hacks, you can easily reset it. If you liked reading this post, then do not hesitate to give a word to appreciation in a comment section. Thank you for reading the post.