It’s very scary to see that hacking attacks happen pretty often and especially if you have a business. There is a damage cost of 11.4 Million USD a minute just because of those attacks and a damage of 6 Trillion USD a year, for me, that is a lot of money.
More than half of all cyberattacks are committed against small-to-midsize businesses (SMBs), and 60 percent of them go out of business within six months of falling victim to a data breach or hack. So they don’t only go for the small entrepreneur, but also ruin people doing that stuff.
At the moment, the type of technology used to secure files is End-To-End Encryption (E2EE), this technology is used to encrypt the data so it’s more difficult for hackers to get access to it. Cybersecurity firms offer their services using that technology in different functions like cloud storage, photo storage, messaging system, etc.
Hackers also go for tech giants because a lot of people use them, they don’t use End-To-End Encryption so the information is not really protected and they also ask people for more information than needed to use the services so hackers breach that information too. In the end, you can’t even rely on them, so it’s better to use other services if you really want your data to be more secure.
What you can do about this?
Some safe advice is:
- Keep your desktops and mobile devices secure.
- Regularly update your software
- Safeguard your personal and financial data.
- Use only HTTPS-secured websites when shopping online, especially
- Recognize your contacts and ignore any suspicious emails.
- Don’t respond to calls requesting remote access to your computer.
- Avoid clicking on any links or attachments in questionable emails, pop-up windows, or texts (and delete them)
- Use secure services online to prevent this. For example, use a secure file transfer service to send files securely and avoid hackers.
Follow our tips and you’ll be safe!
Also, not everything is unfunny, you can check black Friday memes.