With the top-of-the-line Canon printers, users often encounter Canon Offline Printer errors. There are many reasons to cause the Canon printer to become offline, and this article will look at how to troubleshoot and fix Canon Printer Offline on Windows on Mac operating system by simply applying methods like reset canon printer.
Why is my Canon Printer Not Online?
The device and the computer cannot establish a connection; it displays an Offline Canon Printer error. The probable reasons that cause the canon printer to be offline issues are listed in this article.
- Poor network connection
- Broken or loose USB cable
- The printer is on Sleep mode/ Pause mode
- No papers in the Printer paper tray
- Paper jams in the printer
- Older software for printing drivers
- Incompatible Printer drivers
- Technical issue with Services for printers spoolers
Is the canon printer not online? How do I get it back online?
If encountering the same error messages with your Canon printer, check out this article until the conclusion. This article provides specific instructions for resolving issues with offline printers on Windows and Mac OS. The users should follow the steps below to resolve the Canon Printer Offline problem.
Verify Printer as well as a computer connection
When your printer goes offline, the user must check if both the printer and computer system are connected or not. Users of traditional printers should examine if there is a USB cable is correctly connected to the computer system and the printer. Replace the USB cable in case it’s damaged. Network Printer users must check whether the printer and PC share the same wireless network. Restart your computer (Windows or Mac) and router if required. If your printer and PC cannot communicate, it displays the error “Printer is Offline. Therefore, the user must examine the network or cable connections between the printer and the computer system.
Why is my Canon Printer Not Connected to My Mac?
- Hit the power button and then restart your Canon printer.
- Enter Apple Menu, select System Preferences> Printers and Scanners, and then erase your Canon printer from Mac System.
- Uninstall Canon printer drivers from the utility.
- Visit Canon’s official website to download the necessary Canon driver for your printer.
- Connect the printer and Mac using a USB cable, then recompose your printer.
Recompose Canon Printer:
Users can fix the Canon printer offline issues by unplugging their Canon printer Mac OS X and adding it to the system again. The steps for recomposing the canon printer are provided below.
- Click here to go to Apple Menu System Preferences Printers and Scanners.
- Select your Canon printer from the dropdown list.
- Click on the remove (–) button, then click on the delete button.
- Click the + icon to connect your Canon printer.
- Follow the on-screen directions to install printers to your Mac.
Reset your Apple Printing System
- Click on Apple Menu> the System Preferences.
- Within the system preferences, select the Printer and Scanner tab.
- Right-click and select Reset your printing system.
- It will ask the user to input their user credentials.
- Enter the username as well as the password.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Compose your Printer.
How do I fix Canon Printer Offline Windows 10 error?
Manually set Canon printer online:
Users must turn off the “Use printer online” feature and manually set the Canon printers online. These steps assist users in manually setting their Canon printer online.
- Start, and open Control Panel.
- Choose Hardware as well as Sound, then Devices Printing and Devices.
- Right-click on your Canon printer device under the printer’s name and then click on the View What’s Printing option.
- In the menu bar, navigate to the printer and remove the Use printer offline option.
- Once more, select the Printer option and choose”Cancel all Documents.
- Try the Canon printer to test Canon Printer Offline Windows 10.
Set your printer as the default printer:
If you have multiple printers connected to your PC, it is essential to ensure that the Canon printer is selected as the default printer. Users can set the Canon printer as the default printer by following the following.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Printers as well as Scanners.
- Right-click on your canon printer device.
- Click on Manage-> Set as default.
Restart Printer Spooler Services:
The Printer Spooler service plays a significant function in printing processes. Customers may encounter Canon Printer Offline windows 10 errors when the Printer Spooler Services are turned off. Users can verify and then restart the Printer spooler service following the steps provided in this article.
- Use the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open Run Dialog.
- Enter services. msc and then press the Enter button.
- Double-click the Printer spooler service within the window of services.
- The properties of the screen of the printer spooler service. Choose the Start button to Enable Printer Spooler services on the general tab.
- Make your Startup kind of printer Spooler services Automatic.
Update Printer Driver Software:
Incorrect Printer driver software can lead to Canon Printer Offline issues in Windows 10. Canon users must update their driver software by following these steps.
- Start Run Dialog is opened when you press the keys Windows + R.
- Enter devmgmt—msc within the Text Box. Press the “OK” button.
- Expand the Print queue section of the Device Manager.
- Right-click on your Canon printer and choose Update driver in the contextual menu.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the on-screen instructions to update Canon driver software for printers.
- Users require an internet connection to use this process. Users can download updates for a driver for printers from Canon’s official site.
So, users can fix the canon printer offline issue on both the Windows and Mac operating systems. Customers can contact us to receive reliable solutions in printer troubleshooting.
Also Read: Solve Brother Printer Error Code 46 Quickly