This article provides the steps for connecting your Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch (OLED model) to your TV. Nintendo Switch Lite Nintendo Switch Lite does not support TV mode.
What You’ll Need
Take these things for connecting to connect your Nintendo Switch to your TV. Everything else, except for the TV was provided in the package you received when you bought the Switch. Nintendo Switch game unit with Joy-Cons
- Nintendo Switch dock
- AC adapter
- HDMI cable
- Joy-Coy grips as well as wrist straps (optional)
- HDMI-compatible TV
Also Read: best tv for eyes
Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your TV
After you have the above items Connecting the Switch to your TV takes less than a minute.
- Set the Nintendo Switch dock on a level surface that is close to the TV. The back cover can be opened to reveal the dock.
- The AC adapter into the AC adapter port, in case not already there, then connect it to an outlet on the wall.
- Connect part of the HDMI cable to the HDMI Out port located on the back of the dock , and another end to the HDMI port located on the side of your TV.
- Close the cover at the back of the dock and run cables in the opening.
- Take from the Joy-Con Controllers and the Switch. Hit the buttons on the back of the Joy-Con and then slide it up to release it. Repeat the process for another Joy-Con. You can use the controllers in their current configuration and connect the wrist straps or insert their grips into the Joy-Con. If you have purchased a Joy-Con Charging grip, you could utilize that also.
- Install you Nintendo Switch into the dock. Make sure the screen is towards to the front of the dock so that you can see the Nintendo Switch logo.
- Switch on the Switch as well as your TV. Change the input on your TV to match the HDMI port you are using.
Also Read: best tv for ps3
Its screen Switch is turned off when it is docked, however, you should be able to see the screen of the Switch on your TV. Therefore, you’re prepared to go!
If you wish remove the Nintendo Switch from your television after you’ve finished playing, repeat the steps described above. It is then possible to connect the dock again to your wall socket, connect the Joy-Cons, then plug the device in it to power your Nintendo Switch and its controllers.