If you want to make a video with a ‘green screen’ effect, you need special video editing software that lets you superimpose one clip over another while chroma keying out the background. Movavi Video Editor is just such a program – and making a green screen video with it is easy as pie! All you have to do is place your footage over a solid color background, then select that color with the Chroma Key tool and delete it. The result will be that your foreground footage appears in front of whatever background you choose.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to make a green screen video using Movavi Video Editor.
Just download the program for Windows or Mac and follow the simple steps below.
- Download Movavi Video Editor
- Install and launch the program
- Choose Chroma Key in the workspace
- Add your video clips to the timeline
- Adjust the color range
- Fine-tune the chroma key effect
- Add a background of your choice
- Save the result
1. Download Movavi Video Editor
To start creating your green screen video, first download Movavi Video Editor from our website. Just click the download button, and then follow the installation instructions. Once the program is up and running, open it and select Create project in full feature mode.
2. Install and launch the program
Once you’ve downloaded the program, install it on your computer and launch it.
3. Choose Chroma Key in the workspace
In the main program window, select the Chroma Key tab in the upper-left corner.
4. Add your video clips to the timeline
Use the Media Browser panel to add video clips with a green screen background to the timeline. To do this, click the Add Media Files button, select your videos, and click Open. Alternatively, you can drag and drop your files from the folder directly into the workspace.
5. Adjust the color range
Now it’s time to adjust the color range for chroma keying out the background. To do this, click the Chroma Key button and move the slider to select the color range. As you do this, you’ll see the background coloring change in the preview window.
6. Fine-tune the chroma key effect
If you want to fine-tune the chroma key effect, use the following tools:
- Color – lets you specify which color to key out;
- Brightness – adjusts how bright or dark the color is;
- Saturation – changes the purity of the color;
- Range – sets how similar in color adjacent pixels have to be for them to be affected by the chroma key.
7. Add a background of your choice
When you’re happy with the result, it’s time to add a background. To do this, click the Background button and choose one of the following options:
- Color – lets you select a solid color background;
- Image – adds an image or photo as your background;
- Video – places another video clip behind your footage.
8. Save the result
Once you’ve added the background, all that’s left to do is save your green screen video. To do this, click Export in the upper-right corner of the program window and select the desired file format or preset. Alternatively, you can save your project and continue working on it later.
A green screen is a great way to add special effects to your video. You can use it to create a magical background or set the scene for a virtual reality experience. But how do you make a green screen video? In this article, we’ll show you how to create a green screen effect with Movavi Video Editor.
- A computer running Windows 7, 8, or 10, or macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
- A webcam (optional)
- Green fabric or paper
- A friend (optional)
- Set up your green screen.
- Open Movavi Video Editor and select Create project in full feature mode.
- Add your video footage to the timeline.
- Select the background you want to use in the Overlay track.
- Chroma key out the green screen.
- Adjust the transparency of your background image.
- Save your project and share your green screen video!
Creating a green screen video is easy with Movavi Video Editor! Just follow the steps above and you’ll be able to create amazing special effects videos in no time.