The application process and requirements for Quebec Immigration programs are different from that of other provinces in Canada. French-speaking applicants are given preference compared to others when applying for this program. The foreign applicants who desire to immigrate to Quebec must undergo a selection process consisting of two separate stages: selection and admission. The selection for the Quebec Immigration program happens within the province. At the same time, the admission procedure takes place at the federal level.
The ultimate right of authenticating candidates as immigrants to Quebec lies upon the Ministry of Quebec immigration Canada Authority. A Certificate of Selection (CSQ) is sent to the applicant on behalf of the Government once they get shortlisted for the program.
After getting the Certificate of Selection form approved, an applicant is needed to complete all the procedures regarding permanent residence within the time period of 24 months from the date of the Certificate of Selection issued.
Programs that come under the Quebec Immigration:
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program
- Quebec Business Immigration Program
Quebec Skilled Worker program
The Quebec Skilled Worker program is formed to welcome experienced workers who will serve perfectly the varied market needs of Quebec province along with providing the skilled workers much-needed assistance to gain financial independence and to settle down.
The Quebec immigration Program is basically meant for both french-speaking and non-french-speaking candidates. During the assessment, more points are awarded to the french-speaking candidate, though.
A candidate must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the online Arrima portal once the individual wants to take part in the Quebec Immigration process.
Eligibility for Quebec Skilled Worker Program
The selection factors are:
- The applicant should be aged under 40
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of work experience
- Language proficiency skills, either in English or French
- For an individual, it is required to secure at least 50 points
- No criminal records will be allowed
- It is always an added advantage if the applicant holds a Quebec degree or diploma.
- Must be in a good health
Documents required for proving eligibility
Civil Status and Identity
- Birth Certificate
- PAN card
- Marriage certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
Employment proof of last ten years
- A letter of experience from the present or previous employer
- Revising letter by the last employer you worked with
- Appointment letters presented by the present or the previous employer
- Pay-slips for the last six months
One is required to submit proof of language proficiency in English and French to be eligible for this Quebec Immigration Program. Students with a canada immigration student visa have to present valid scores in order to receive a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). As proof of proficiency, one needs to submit the scores of these below-mentioned exams:
- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Program (CELPIP) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for English language proficiency.
- Test d’Evaluation de Francais (TEF) for French language proficiency.
These tests will determine the four areas of proficiency: reading, speaking, hearing, and writing. If the scores obtained in these exams are older than 24 months, they will not be accepted.
- A travel document or a valid passport from the Government of the country you belong to
- Passport details like issue date, passport number, and expiry date are needed to apply for a permanent resident VISA.
Proof of Marriage
To be eligible to apply under this program, you are required to attach your marriage certificate. In addition, if you have children, the children’s birth certificates are required to be produced.
Quebec Immigration Application procedure
- Passing the minimum score of 50-59 if you are legally married
- You have to be 18 or more to apply
- Need to be proficient in wrench or English
- Documents to prove educational qualification
- Proof that you have enough money to get and settle down in Canada
- Application forms should be filled up correctly.
- Attach all the necessary documents
- The application, along with the attached documents, will be verified by the immigration agents.
- In case of dishonesty in producing a document, you will be banned by the authority to apply again for the next five years.
- The immigration authority will provide CSQ.
- Once you get the CSQ, you will be permitted to migrate to Quebec.
- Following that, you are eligible to apply for the Permanent Resident visa.
- To get a Permanent Resident visa, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the Immigration laws regulated by the IRCC and the Federal Government.
- It can take up to 9 months to process the whole procedure.
The applicant should apply under the Quebec Experience Program for a Canadian immigration student visa in Quebec. If it’s longer than six months, you must apply for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate.
Quebec is the largest province in Canada and one of the best places to migrate to. The Quebec immigration program is a very convenient option to migrate to Canada for temporary workers. Go over the procedure mentioned above and make your dream come true by relocating to Canada.