A dream come true situation arises for visa subclass 489 holders who wish to work and live in Australia. This is a provisional visa for a skilled class which might, later on, lead to their acquisition of permanent skilled regional visa subclass 887. The value adds for subclass Visa 489 is the fact that the eligible family members can also be included. The underlying point is that it is a point-based visa that guides visa holders through any one of the three pathways.
What is Visa 489?
This visa is an option for skilled labourers who have important capabilities or skills, yet can’t breeze through the focuses tests as required to get a skilled free visa or Nominated visa (Subclass 189 and 190). A 489 visa gives three pathways to candidates to pick up a living arrangement in Australia for as long as four years, through state sponsorship.
Like every single Skilled visa, this visa is focused test based, in any case, the one of a kind three-way pathway enables candidates to present an application upon either accepting a welcome by the Department, holding a past Skilled Regional visa, or having a relative who holds a specific class of visa.
Main Features of Visa Subclass 489:
Pathways to the visa are:
i) invited pathway
ii) extended stay pathway
iii) subsequent entry pathway.
One must have clarity before applying for this visa as it will smoothen the way for further actions. The main identifiable features are:
- You must score 65 out of the total designated points in the point test.
- One can try the free online Australian General Skilled Migration points test.
- The skilled workers should be specifically selected by a state or territory. The applicants can be sponsored by a relative in a designated Australian area, who is eligible to do so.
- Subclass visa 489 holders are validated to live and work in specified Regional or Low Population Growth Areas.
- The visa will be valid for four years.
- The family members included in the visa application are partners, dependent children of the applicant or the partner. The applicant can also include dependent relatives of the applicant or the partner’s privileges.
The applicant and his dependants can –
Live, work and study in specified regional areas in Australia temporarily.
Travel to and fro from Australia as long as the visa is valid.
Apply for permanent resident visa subclass 887 after meeting the specification criteria.
States which can nominate
The States / Territories which can nominate to take part in the skilled–Nominated sponsorship scheme. Such States / Territories are –
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Eligibility for Skilled Regional Visa 489:
In order to get a successful visa, you must be eligible for the visa.
- You must fulfil the health requirements.
- Applicant needs to fulfil character requirements.
- Must not have any debts under the Australian government.
- No history of rejected visas in past.
Visa application process:
Before the application process
To lodge a visa subclass 489 application, one must be sure to –
- Get an assessment done first for positive skills.
- Submit the Expression of Interest via skill selection. Do this either in Australia or outside of Australia.
- Get sponsorship from an eligible relative.
- Comply with minimum visa requirements.
- Secure an invitation before lodging the application.
During the application process
One should keep the following points in mind while proceeding further.
- Only those below 45 years old can apply for the 489 visa.
- Select a specific occupation in line with your skills and qualifications.
- The skills should be relevant to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- Applicant’s skills should be assessed by the relevant assessing authority in line with the nominated occupation.
- Show minimum required English competency skills.
- Must have scored either 65 or more on the Points Test.
- Have satisfactory Health and Character requirements as per expectations.
After Lodging the application
After applying, if the visa holder’s visa is sponsored by a State or Territory Government.
- The positive outcome of the visa depends on – a combination of skills acquired and work experience gained.
- One must safely keep the granted visa for a period of not less than two years.
- This is necessary to gain eligibility to apply for a permanent Regional visa.
Under this visa, the work occupation can be for any employer. To apply for a hassle-free visa, you can contact Immigration Agent Perth. The immigration agents will solve your queries about the document checklist, and application, and help you throughout the process. They can help you in choosing the correct visa stream. The team of agents is professional and ready to give a hassle free consultation 24X7. Feel free to get in touch to know more or book a call/consultation to apply for an Australia 189 visa.
Also read this: Worried About Buying a Pre-Owned Car? Here’s How to Make it a Good Decision