About the University of Worcester
The University of Worcester is a public-based research university, in the United Kingdom. With a history dating back to 1946, the university began awarding degrees in 1997 and this university has got university status in 2005.
And at present time, the University of Worcester has approx 10500 students from approx 100 countries in 2022. And it has 3 main campuses. And this university’s male or female ratio is 2.02. And University of Worcester’s ranking is 87 according to University Ranking (UK) The Complete University Guide 2022. And university ranking is 92 according to The Guardian 2022.
Film Production Program
University of Worcester’s film production program embraces all areas of the film – from documentary and fiction to artists’ filmmaking and important writing. University believes in studying through doing – so from the very beginning, you will become part of a close-knit creative group, making films exactly as you would in the field.
Digital technology has changed the path that film is produced and conceived. You will explore huge techniques and establish yourself in a key specialist position, such as visual effects, production design, animation, cinematography, editing or sound, and directing.
The experience or skill of learning film with like-minded people in an arts environment will help to fuel your creativity and give you a great network of invaluable contacts for your career.
- Make a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates the specialist skills or abilities and practical filmmaking experience that employers are really important.
- Study in UK the university’s purpose-built Digital Arts Centre, which includes a sound studio, video studio, individual edit suites, and high-spec computer Labourites with the latest image manipulation, editing, and sound post-production software.
- Profit/benefit from regular visits, guest lectures, and feedback from top industry specialists.
- Tailor your studying to your interests/attracts by learning your course in combination with a second subject, such as Screenwriting or Creative Writing, and Film Studies.
What will You Learn?
University of Worcester programs are informed by current developments and research in the discipline and feedback from all students, external examiners, and employers. Modules do therefore change periodically in the attention of keeping the course-related and reflecting good practice. The most up-to-date information will be offered to you once you have accepted a place and registered for the program. If there are unsatisfactory numbers of students interested in an optional module, this might not be offered, but the university will recommend you as soon as possible and help you choose a different option.
- Fiction: Production and History
- Brief to Experimental Film
- Crafting the Moving Image
- The Screen and Storytelling
- Directing presentation for the Screen
- The reality, Truth, and the Documentary Film
- Optional language units
- Factual Film
- Expert Production abilities/Skills
- Single Camera Comedy/Drama
- Trial Film Production
- Video Music Production
- Performance and Realism
- Writing the element Film
- Optional language units
- Final/finishing Production
- Professional Practice/exercise
- Factual Film Production
- Team Film Production
- Move forwards Specialism
- Co or Corporate